By Graham K. Rogers
This weekend on Floor 10 of Cyber World Tower (90 Ratchadapisek Rd) a new type of entrepreneurial experience takes place: Bangkok Startup Job Fest. A number of leading technology companies - Innovative Corporations and Tech Startups - are represented. The intention is not to provide the normal type of job fair but to offer a new choice for new generation with technological skills and interests who are looking for inspiration and new experiences.
At the event, those who are motivated have the opportunity to listen to leading personnel within the tech industry. They will be able to share experiences and knowledge with each other over the two full days.
Scheduled presentations are:
- Round 1 - 12.30 - 14.45 Saturday 25 July 2015
- Digital talents and future of work (Polpat Songthamjitti - Head organiser of the Job Fest; co-founder and CMO GetLink)
- The infinite possibilities for Thai startups, moving towards ASEAN Economic Community (Dr. Karndee Leopairote, MD C asean)
- Gen-C, The Generation that thrives on Connection, Community, and Creation (Dr. Preeraya, School of Communication Arts, BU; Dr. Natthapob, Asst to Pres for Academic Affairs, BU)
- Welcome to Thailand Startup Scene, and how you can get involved (Natavudh Pungcharoenpong, Founder and CEO, Ookbee)
- The Mission Possible for Thai startups (Amarit, Co-CEO, Hubba; Oranuch, Co-founder Thumbsup Media and Techsauce Media; Teerachart, CEO and co-founde Stockradars; Raapatr, CEO Sinoze)
- Round 2 - 15.05 - 16.40 Saturday 25 July 2015
- Possibilities for startups to grow global (Ariya Banomyong, Country Head, Google Thailand
- Thailand ZERO to ONE - Impacting consumers with mobile and social media (Tiwa, CEO Kaidee; Wirathip, MD Pomelo Fashion; Tarin, CMO Lazada Thailand; Sunsern, CCO Ascend International; Thanawat, CEO Priceza)
- Round 3 - 16.40 - 18.00 Saturday 25 July 2015
- How to get a job at Google (Jon Boyle, Head Recruitment SEA Google)
- Corporate x Startup: connecting the 2 parallel worlds (Panuwat, Managing Consultant Hay Group; Tana Pothikamjorn, SVP Head of Digital Banking SCB; Nicky Surapaitoon, Country Manager for "The Project", Ascend Group; Nontawat Poomchusri, Country MD Accenture Thailand; Slmpoat Chansomboon, Director Business Innovation DTAC)
- Round 4 - 12.30 - 14.40 Sunday 26 July 2015 - Why I joined a startup
- On social media cookie runs, Designer rules - mobile game challenge (Kith Jira, Social Media Designer)
- Startup Life - skyrocket your career with challenging & cool work experience (Harprem, CEO WhatsNew Thailand; Teerachart, CEO and co-founder StockRadars; Thomas, CEO HotelQuickly; Surawat, CEO Stylhunt)
- Round 5 - 15.00 - 17.00 Sunday 26 July 2015
- Dare, care and Share - The must-have mindsets for the new generations (Polpat Songthamjitti - Head organiser of the Job Fest; co-founder and CMO GetLink)
- The maker movement - the next generation of do-it-yourself (Pattaraporn Bodhisuwan, MD Maker Zoo)
- The new media in digital age - a LiveStreaming experience (Piyanant Chawalekyangkul, CEO DooTVMedia and ThaiLiveStream)
- Closing Ceremony - by GetLinks
A significant array of companies are attending the event and several companies are listed as partners. A number of local startups and other companies have booths in the display area and look forward to those interested stopping by.
The venue is Cyber World Tower, 10th Floor, 90 Ratchadapisek, Huai Khwang, Bangkok 10310, Thailand. This is not far from the Fortune Town mall, although the best MRTA station is Thailand Cultural Centre Station Exit 1 and Walk to Cyber World Building (5 minutes walk).
Graham K. Rogers teaches at the Faculty of Engineering, Mahidol University in Thailand where he is also Assistant Dean. He wrote in the Bangkok Post, Database supplement on IT subjects. For the last seven years of Database he wrote a column on Apple and Macs. He is now continuing that in the Bangkok Post supplement, Life.